I just wrapped up my review of the brand new Evenflo Spectrum Booster, and I had mentioned that it was rollover tested. I recently had the privilege of being able to test out another new Evenflo seat, SafeMax 3-in-1 Combination Seat. This is a forward-facing only seat for kids 2+ that can also be used as a highback booster and eventually as a backless booster too. They call it a 3-in-1 product which can be a little misleading because many consumers think a 3-in-1 carseat always means Rear-Facing/Forward-Facing/Booster. However, in this case it means Forward-Facing/Highback Booster/Backless Booster. This is a Stage 3 carseat that is most appropriate for pre-school and school-aged children.
Evenflo SafeMax 3-in-1 Specs & Features:
- 5-point harness: Forward-facing only for kids 22-65 lbs., at least 2 years old, height 28- 50″ tall (shoulders must be at or below top harness slots).
- Booster mode with vehicle lap/shoulder belt: 40-120 lbs., at least 4 years old, height 44 – 57″ (top of ears must be below the top of the head support).
- 4 harness height positions
- 2 crotch strap/buckle positions
- Height-adjustable head support
- Rollover tested
- Steel reinforced frame
- Recline feature on base (reclined position required for kids under 40 lbs.)
- Harness strap covers (required for kids under 40 lbs.)
- Buckle Pockets keep harness out of the way while loading/unloading
- Dual integrated cup holders
- Basic, hook-style lower LATCH connectors (LATCH limit is 45 lbs.)
- FAA approved for use in aircraft (with 5-pt harness)
- 8 year lifespan before expiration