2017 Graco Sequel Convertible Carseat Review and Comparison to Graco Extend2Fit Convertible Carseat
The Graco Sequel 65 is a mid-priced convertible seat with easy-to-use features such as a smooth harness adjuster and an open forward-facing belt path. It’s a tall seat—great for tall kiddos—and is similar to the Graco Extend2Fit, but doesn’t have the E2F’s higher rear-facing weight limit or leg extension tray. It’s compact front to back, which makes it a great option for tight spaces.
Weight and Height Limits:
- Rear-facing 4-40 lbs. AND child’s head is 1” below gray harness height adjustment handle
- Forward-facing 22-65 lbs., 49″ or less, at least 1 year old*
*We recommend following the American Academy of Pediatrics minimum guidelines of rear-facing to at least age 2 before turning your child forward-facing. It’s safest to rear-face past the minimum of age 2 and with a seat that has a high rear-facing weight and height limit, why not?
Sequel 65 Overview:
- 10-position headrest with no re-thread harness
- 2 crotch strap/buckle positions
- 6-position recline
- Steel reinforced frame
- EPS foam
- Two cup holders
- Machine-washable cover
- FAA-approved for use on aircraft
- 10 yr lifespan before seat expires
Harness height: 7”-18”
External widest point: 19.625”
Shell height with headrest: 27”
Shoulder width: 13.75”
Crotch strap depth: 3.5”, 5.5”
Seat depth: 11”
Seat weight: 16.4 lbs.