2018 Graco Nautilus SnugLock LX/DLX Combination Seat Review
The Graco Nautilus has long been a go-to combination seat. Ever since its inception, the original Nautilus model has provided a tall harness for forward-facing kids, has served as a good booster for kids old and large enough not to need the harness anymore, typically fits kids and cars well, and is generally a reliable seat. It seemed like there wasn’t much that could make it better…until now.
Graco recently released the all-new Graco Nautilus SnugLock, which combines all the features we love about the original Nautilus with a SnugLock feature that cinches, locks and tightens the seatbelt for a less-complicated, secure installation.
To clarify, this is a forward-facing only carseat that can also be used as a highback booster and eventually as a backless booster. Graco refers to it as a “3-in-1” product which can be confusing because many consumers think a 3-in-1 carseat always means Rear-Facing/Forward-Facing/Booster. However, in this case, it means Forward-Facing/Highback Booster/Backless Booster. This is a Stage 3 carseat that is most appropriate for pre-school and school-aged children.
Let’s take a look at the specifications and features.
Nautilus SnugLock Weight and Height Limits:
- Forward-facing with 5-point harness: 22-65 lbs., 27-49″ tall, at least 1 year old
- Highback booster without harness: 40-100 lbs., 43-57″, at least 4 yrs old
- Backless booster: 40-100 lbs., 43-57″, at least 4 yrs old
- Backless booster with arms removed: 40-120 lbs., 43-57″, at least 4 years old
Nautilus SnugLock Overview:
- 3 forward-facing seats in one (harness + highback booster + backless booster)
- SnugLock feature for easy, secure installation with either LATCH or seatbelt
- SnugLock feature acts as lockoff device when installing with seatbelt (so there is no need to also lock your seatbelt)
- Removable armrests when in backless booster mode (gives older kids more hip room)
- 6-position no-rethread harness
- Energy-absorbing EPS foam
- Premium push-on LATCH connectors
- 4-position recline in harness mode
- Steel-reinforced frame
- 10-year lifespan before expiration
- Built-in storage for the harness when using in booster mode
- MSRP LX $219.99/DLX $249.99
Nautilus SnugLock Trim Levels:
- LX models include all features listed above
- DLX models include all features listed above plus enhanced soft goods, a RapidRemove™ cover which can be removed without uninstalling the seat, and an IIHS Best Bet Booster Rating in highback mode