Even though it’s our Blogiversary, this celebration isn’t about us – it’s about YOU. We know we’re lucky to have so many awesome readers and followers who all care deeply about keeping kids safe in and around motor vehicles. We want to reward you for supporting us throughout these past 6 years and the best reward we could think of was another incredible giveaway promotion!
This week we’ve partnered with our generous friends at Evenflo to offer a fabulous, Platinum SecureKid DLX! This deluxe model offers all of the premium features of the Evenflo SecureKid DLX (“e3” side-impact protection, auto-retracting “SureLATCH” connectors, height-adjustable head support and dual integrated cupholders), plus it features buckle pockets to hold the buckle tongues out of the way when loading/unloading child and it offers Outlast® temperature-regulating fabric to keep kids cool in the sweltering summer heat!
This promotion is now closed. Thank you for participating – a winner will be announced soon!
Platinum SecureKid DLX Specs:
- With 5-point harness: Forward-facing only for kids 22-65 lbs, at least 1 year old, height 28- 50″ tall (shoulders must be at or below top harness slots). *Please keep in mind that the AAP (American Academy of Pediatrics) recommends that all kids under 24 months ride in a rear-facing carseat. For this reason we recommend this seat for kids who are at least 2 years old.
- As a booster: 40-110 lbs, at least 4 years old, height 43 – 57″ (top of ears must be below the top of CR headrest).
OUTLAST® Performance Fabrics absorb hot and cold temperature, releasing as needed. Outlast® technology, originally developed for NASA, utilizes phase change materials (PCM) that absorb, store and release heat for optimal thermal comfort.
This technology has the ability to:
- Actively absorb and store excess heat, helping to reduce overheating
- Allow the child to stay at a balanced temperature and prevent chilling during the cooler months; if the child’s skin temperature drops, the stored heat is released
- Reduce perspiration so the child stays drier and more comfortable
The thermal image below shows the difference in body temperature after 30 minutes of sitting in the same style carseat – one with OUTLAST® fabric and one with regular fabric. If you live in a warm climate or just have a kid who is a sweatbox – this technology will help keep your kiddo feeling comfortable all year round.
Buckle Pockets have been added to this “Platinum” SecureKid model and that’s a major bonus if you hate having to fish the buckle tongues out from underneath your child every time you put them in the seat. They also keep the metal buckle tongues out of direct sunlight when your car is parked which helps to prevent them from heating up to the point where they might actually burn your child as you’re buckling him/her up.
Installation – The SecureKid DLX is super easy to install with the self-ratcheting SuperLATCH connectors which is a real bonus if you move your seats from vehicle-to-vehicle frequently. For more details please see our full review of the Platinum SecureKid DLX here. We think highly of the Evenflo SecureKid and it’s on our list of Recommended Seats.
- To enter, you MUST reply to this blog and leave a comment below (only 1 entry per household).
- For extra entries, be sure follow the Rafflecopter instructions to Like our Facebook page, Like the Evenflo Facebook page and tweet about the giveaway!
Winner must have a U.S. shipping address.
Now for the fine print (these may be in addition to the rules listed in the Rafflecopter terms)
Winner must have a USA shipping address to claim the prize. Only one prize will be awarded.
You are not eligible if you have previously won a carseat or any sponsored giveaway at CarseatBlog.comduring 2013 or 2014 (our own giveaways of goody bags and such don’t count if no sponsor was mentioned). Blog writers and editors are also not eligible. Only one entry per household/family, please. If you leave more than one comment, only the first one will count.
We reserve the right to deem any entry as ineligible for any reason, though this would normally only be done in the case of a violation of the spirit of the rules above. We also reserve the right to edit/update the rules for any reason.
The contest will close on July 22, 2014, and one random winner will be chosen shortly thereafter. If a winner is deemed ineligible based on shipping restrictions or other issues or does not respond to accept the prize within 7 days, a new winner will be selected.