News and Updates from the 2018 JPMA Baby Show
Overall the trend in carseats for 2018-2019 is ease-of-use and technology. We saw that in abundance at the Juvenile Products Manufacturers Association (JPMA) Baby Show this year. From mobile apps that tell you if your child has unbuckled their chest clip to QR codes that help you register your carseat and get installation help, to new seats with anti-rebound features, there were plenty of new and updated products on the show floor this year.
2018 Evenflo Updates:
New Evenflo Maestro Sport combination seat is now available at Walmart.com. This a completely new product and not just an updated version of the original Evenflo Maestro. However, the specs and features of Maestro Sport are very similar to those of the original Maestro model. The harness slots on Maestro Sport are a little higher than the harness slots on the original Maestro.
Maestro Sport Specs & Features:
- Forward-facing only 22-50 lbs., 28-50 inches, and at least 2 years old
- Booster mode 40-110 lbs., 44-57 inches, and at least 4 years old
- 4 sets of harness slots: approximately 13″, 15″, 17″, 19″
- New red tether housing will hopefully draw attention to the tether so parents notice it and figure out how to use it!
- Dual cup holders
- MSRP $79.99
Evenflo EveryStage DLX All-in-One
Available this Summer! Check out our complete EveryStage All-in-One Preview with lots of pictures and videos.
EveryStage Specs & Features:
- 4-50 lbs. rear-facing
- 22-65 lbs. forward-facing
- 40-120 lbs. highback booster
- Unique internal recline feature for optimal infant positioning
- 10-position no-rethread harness
- ~17.5″ top harness slots
- 5-position base
- Recline angle indicators for both RF & FF
- EasyClick LATCH installation technology (DLX model)
- Dual cupholders
- MSRP $229
Evenflo Pivot Xpand Single-to-Double Stroller
Available this summer, the Pivot Xpand is a modular stroller system which can be a single or a double. Pivot Xpand can be easily configured in 22 different ways without needing extra parts or tools! The height-adjustable handle makes it comfortable to push whether you’re short or tall. Ride-on board will be available separately. This will be an amazing, reasonably-priced option for families with twins or siblings close in age. Even if you only use it as a single, it’s nice to know that you have the option to make it a double, if needed.