1/14/18 UPDATE: MyFit is now shipping to retailers! It is currently available at Target (“Indigo” fashion), Amazon (both regular & LE models), ChiccoUSA.com, BuyBuyBaby, and other retailers. See our unboxing video below for more details.
Chicco USA is about to release a new product and after 12 months of tightly zipped lips, we’re finally able to share the details! Please join me in congratulating Chicco on the newest member of their carseat family, MyFit Harness + Booster combination seat. MyFit will be arriving in stores mid-January 2018. There will be 2 versions available, MyFit and MyFit LE. I will discuss the differences between them but first let’s talk about specs, features, and measurements. We will add additional info regarding fit-to-vehicle and fit-to-child in a full MyFit review coming soon!
Chicco MyFit Specs:
- With 5-point Harness: forward-facing only 25-65 lbs.; 54″ tall or less; child at least 2 years old
- Belt-Positioning Booster: 40-100 lbs.; 38-57″ tall; child at least 4 years old
- 8-year lifespan before expiration
- Easy adjust no-rethread harness with 9-position headrest
- 4 recline positions for customizable child positioning (in both harness & booster mode)
- Bubble level indicators for both harness mode and booster mode
- Lock-offs for easy installation with seatbelt
- Premium push-on LATCH connectors (LATCH weight limit 40 lbs.)
- SuperCinch force-multiplying system on LATCH strap (LE model only)
- Integrated LATCH storage compartment
- Deep head and torso wings plus EPS foam for enhanced side-impact protection
- Steel-reinforced frame
- Energy-absorbing base
- Quick release tether strap with integrated storage compartment.
- Dual density foam seat cushion with ergonomically contoured seat
- Deep seat pan to comfortably support older children with longer legs
- Chest clip comfort pads surround chest clip on harness (usage mandatory)
- Optional harness strap covers and buckle cover
- Dual dishwasher-safe foldable cup holders (aka “cup-folders”)
- Can use LATCH in booster mode
- Integrated harness storage compartment (for booster mode)
- FAA approved for use on airplanes (harness mode only)
- Maximum harness height: 19.5″
- Maximum booster seated height: 20.25″ (measured to bottom of shoulder belt guide)
- Width at widest points: 17.5″ (armrests & torso wings)
- Weight: 24.5 lbs.
Differences between MyFit & MyFit LE
MyFit will not feature SuperCinch force-multiplying system on the LATCH strap but will still have the premium push-on lower LATCH connectors. There will be 6 fashions available at launch, which is a lot for a brand new product! MSRP is $199.
Fashions: Notte; Lanai; Fanthom; Gardenia; Canyon; Indigo
MyFit LE will retail for $249 and there will be 3 fashions available at launch. It will offer all the features of regular MyFit but will also include:
- SuperCinch force-multiplying system on the LATCH strap (same as NextFit convertible)
- Comfort waist belts (these are pads that attach to the hip straps on the harness and make loading child easier by keeping the buckle tongues in place)
- Kid console (storage pod that inserts into cup holder)
- Premium comfort package with air mesh panels in cover, leatherette armrests, and premium fabrics
LE fashions: Anthem; Starlet; Venture
Jennie unboxing her MyFit in the beautiful “Lanai” fashion and trying her 6-year-old and 9-year-old kids in the seat.