Today it’s a double bonus for your viewing enjoyment! We will have a Britax Advocate 70 G3 review coming soon to CarseatBlog.com, along with a number of other reviews we’ve promised and we really are working on them!
Today’s unboxing includes new Britax Advocate 70 G3 along with the Britax Vehicle Seat Protector and Infant Head and Body Support Pillow. The new G3 series of convertible seats will be available within a month or so, while the accessories are available now. Key changes to the G3 model are the EZ-Buckle system that keeps the buckle forward so you don’t have to dig it out from under your child all the time. In addition, the new HUGS system with SafeCell technology offers improved crash performance. Current Britax owners will notice that the HUGS pads no longer float like they did before, as they are tethered to the seat. That means that you can no longer pull on the HUGS pads to loosen the straps. Instead, you have to make sure to pull on the straps themselves to loosen them. These updates also apply to the other G3 models, including the Marathon 70 G3, the Boulevard 70 G3 and the Pavillion 70 G3 (the updated version of the Boulevard 70 CS).
Here’s a shot with Jon in the Advocate 70 G3. You can see he has reached the harness height limit of the seat (I’m so sad he’s now outgrowing convertibles!). His shoulders are barely able to fit inside the shell and are almost up to the head wings as well. Granted, he just turned 7 years old last month and was around the 75th percentile for height and weight at nearly 57 pounds and 52″ tall. So, I expect most kids will fit until they are at least 6 years old and some well beyond that.
From Britax USA: http://www.britaxusa.com/car-seats/advocate-70-g3
Weight (lbs) Height (in) Seated Shoulder Height (in) Rear Facing: 5 – 40 49 or less 9 – 16.75 Forward Facing: 1 year & 20, up to 70 12 – 16.75HUGS Chest Pads with SafeCell Technology are affixed to the seat shell to ensure proper positioning while SafeCells compress to manage energy and provide resistance to the forward movement of your child in a crash, reducing the risk of head injuryEZ-Buckle System retains the harness buckle in a forward position and prevents the child from sitting on the buckle when boarding
- True Side Impact Protection is deep side walls with energy-absorbing EPP foam along with a head restraint which offers a double layer of EPP foam to distribute crash forces, shield from vehicle intrusion, and contain the head, neck and body while keeping them “in true” or aligned
- Base with SafeCell Technology features SafeCells designed to compress in a crash, significantly lowering the center of gravity and counteracting the forward rotation of the child seat which normally propels the child toward the front seat
- Integrated Steel Bars strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat during a crash
- Energy-Absorbing Versa-Tether features a staged-release tether webbing to slow the forward movement, reducing the crash forces reaching the child, and a two-point attachment to minimize forward rotation while anchoring the top of the child seat
- Side Impact Cushion Technology features energy-absorbing cushions on the exterior of the child seat to reduce side impact crash energy by 45% by diverting crash forces away from your child and providing extra protection for the adjacent passenger
- Click & Safe® Snug Harness Indicator is an audible aid that provides extra assurance when the harness is within range of appropriate snugness
- Tangle-Free, Five-Point Harness distributes crash forces across the strongest parts of the body and provides a secure fit
- 70-pound Weight Capacity for safety and comfort as your child grows
- Rear and Forward Facing Recline for child comfort and positioning
- High Density Comfort Foam provides an extra layer of padding to gently cushion your child
- Plush, Easy-Remove Cover with matching comfort pads and infant body pillow to provide extra comfort and easy cleaning without disassembling or uninstalling the child seat
- Two Buckle Positions for your growing child
- Infant Positioning Insert may be necessary for small infants to achieve a snug fit of the harness around your child (sold separately)
- Quick-Adjust, No-Rethread Harness repositions the harness shoulder height without disassembling the harness straps
- Premium Lower LATCH Connectors for a quick and simple installation featuring a push button for easy release
- Built-in Lock-Offs ensure a snug lap and shoulder belt installation with minimal effort
- Anti-Slip, Contoured Base grips and protects the vehicle seat while offering optimum vehicle fit
- Harness Holders keep harness straps pulled to the sides when placing your child in the car seat
- Certified for Aircraft Travel
- Made in the USA with global components
- (USD) MSRP $379.99, preorder for $349.99 at Amazon.com with free shipping and returns!