This video from Lifesavers Phoenix covers most of the important features and specs of these two new-to-us, Kiddy Child Restraints. Keep in mind, both of these seats were prototypes so changes should be expected before the final products reach store shelves. Heather was camerawoman extraordinaire and, as usual, I played the part of “the mouth” of CarseatBlog.com! Disregard the racket in the background - it was the end of day 2 and everyone was literally breaking down camp around us!
I am copying and pasting info from Heather’s Lifesavers Manufacturers Update blog and adding a few extra notes:
Kiddy is a well-known German CR Manufacturer with several German award-winning CR models. They are known for their emphasis on and utilization of energy-absorbing impact shield technology. The Kiddy World Plus combination seat & Kiddy Cruiser Fix Pro booster will be the first Kiddy CRs available in the US.
The Kiddy World Plus is expected to be available in June. MSRP will be approx $269. Features include:
- 20-40 lbs. with energy absorbing shield
- up to 100 lbs. without shield used as a belt positioning booster
The Kiddy Cruiser Fix Pro is expected to be available in May. MSRP should be under $250 but they didn’t have an exact price point to give us yet. Features include:
- honeycomb in head and shoulder area
- shock absorber technology in area of lap belt guide
- Rated up to 110 lbs
- Several unique features (check out the video – we don’t want to spoil the surprises!)
After watching the video back, I realized that I was off in my projections of height and depth measurements. Forgive me – we had taken measurements earlier and I wasn’t spot-on in my recollection of the actual numbers.
Kiddy World Plus (KWP):
- top height in booster mode (measured to bottom of belt guide) 22.5″
- Seat depth (leg support) 15.25″
Kiddy Cruiser Fix Pro (KCFP):
- top height in booster mode (measured to bottom of belt guide) 20.5″
- Seat depth (leg support) – 3 positions. Range from 13.75″ – 16.5″ fully extended