The tree has been put out for composting, the empty wine bottles stashed in the recycling bin, the lights on the house… well, they’ll probably stay up until April but that’s fine with me. The holidays are over, the kids are back in school and it’s time to get back to business here at carseatblog.com! For me, that means completing the review of the clek oobr that has been hanging out in my dining room for longer than I care to admit.
So, what exactly is an Oobr? It’s a dual mode (highback or backless) belt-positioning booster from Clek. It’s also currently a “Best Bet” pick according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
- Child Weight & Height Ratings: 33-100 lbs, 38″-57″ tall , at least 4 years old with back; 40-100 lbs, 40″-57″ tall, at least 4 years old when used backless
- Product Weight (according to my digital bathroom scale) is 20.4 lbs with the back and 10.0 lbs without the back. By comparison, the clek olli backless booster is only 5.4 lbs according to the same scale which makes the backless oobr almost twice the weight of the olli.
- Lowest Height Setting: 14″ to the opening for the shoulder belt guide (measured with back in the fully upright position)
- Tallest Height Setting: 20 1/2″ to the opening for the shoulder belt guide (measured the same way)
- Width: 11 1/2″ at narrowest point in the rear
- Depth: with back 13″, backless 15″ (you gain 2″ of depth when the back portion is removed)
- 7 year lifespan from date of manufacture
- Detachable “drink-thingy” (aka, the cupholder) can be placed on either side of the booster and is dishwasher-safe