The Graco SnugRide 40 Click Connect infant carseat is the King of all the current SnugRide models in the Graco Kingdom. You might be wondering how many SnugRides there are in Graco Land? By my last count there are now seven (Yes, SEVEN) different SnugRide models. For the sake of clarity, I’m going to list them all here just because I think it’s important for parents to understand what the differences are.
“Classic Connect” Graco SnugRide Models (compatible with older Graco strollers & with new Graco “Classic Connect” strollers)
- SnugRide Classic Connect [Original]: 5-22 lbs, up to 29″ tall; 2 sets of harness slots; no lock-off on base; available with front harness adjuster or rear harness adjuster
- SnugRide 30 Classic Connect: 4-30 lbs, up to 30″ tall; 4 sets of harness slots; no lock-off on base; available with front harness adjuster or rear harness adjuster. See our full SnugRide 30 Classic Connect Review here.
- SnugRide 35 Classic Connect: 4-35 lbs; up to 32″ tall; 3 sets of harness slots; base with lock-off; front adjust harness. See our full SnugRide 35 Classic Connect Review here.
“Click Connect” Graco SnugRide Models (compatible only with new Graco “Click Connect” strollers)
- SnugRide 30 Click Connect: 4-30 lbs, height 30″ or less; 4 sets of harness slots; no lock-off on base; front harness adjuster
- SnugRide 35 Click Connect: 4-35 lbs, height 32″ or less; 4 sets of harness slots; no lock-off on base; front harness adjuster
- SnugRide 35 LX Click Connect: 4-35 lbs, height 32″ or less; no-rethread harness with 15 height adjustments; base with lock-off for simple seatbelt installations; front harness adjuster. See our complete SR35 LX review here.
- SnugRide 40 Click Connect: 4-40 lbs, height 35″ or less; no-rethread harness with 15 height adjustments; unique SR40 exclusive base has 8 recline positions, lock-off for simple seatbelt installations and best-in-class legroom for older babies and toddlers
The Graco SnugRide 40 Click Connect is currently a Babies R Us exclusive so it’s only available at BRU stores and their online store. The model I have for this review is the “Moonstruck” fashion. This particular model comes with an optional newborn body support insert (only for babies less than 12 lbs.), an optional head-hugger insert and optional harness strap covers. The SnugRide 40 is also available in “Mena” which is a pink and brown girly fashion.
Extra SR40 bases are available for $79.99. For the record, this is no ordinary base. It has innovative features that you won’t find on any other infant carseat. I’m not easily impressed but I think the SnugRide 40 base is very cool. It has 8 recline positions that should allow you to achieve a proper recline position in any vehicle regardless of how sloped or how flat the seating position is. Also, as you move up in base recline positions (position #1 is the most reclined; position #8 is the most upright), the carrier moves away from the vehicle seat bight and creates more leg room for the older baby or toddler. It’s quite ingenious! The kick-plate/vehicle seat protector is purely optional and slides down to store in the base when you don’t want it or need it.