Greetings from the Britax launch event in NYC! Today Britax USA officially introduced the newest member of their carseat family to the world. Welcome, Britax B-Safe 35 & B-Safe 35 Elite rear-facing infant seats!
Check out yesterday’s Sneak Peek blog for all the official specs and features. Today I will focus on pictures and first impressions.
What I love:
- Unique, center-pull lower LATCH anchor installation with premium push-on lower anchor connectors
- SafeCell impact-absorbing technology in the base
- Dimensions small enough to fit preemies well
- Wide beltpath guides on carrier for easier installation without base
- Spring-loaded adjustable base with 3 positions
- New cinching lockoffs for seatbelt installations
- New smaller chest clip design
- Extra large canopy
- Easy-to-remove cover on Elite model
- Designed to take up less space in the vehicle
- Made in USA, a rarity for infant seats!
B-Safe 35 seats will be shipping in late December and should be available in stores by late January. Elite models will follow about a month later. Price point for B-Safe 35 is $209. Elite is $249. “Shower Collection” fashions for Elite model (bright colors) will be available in early March. O Canada – you will be getting your new B-Safe 35 (and yes it will be rated to 35 pounds!) sometime in January!