Maxi-Cosi is Europe’s most popular brand of premium carseats. Even though the Maxi-Cosi carseats sold here in the U.S. are not the same seats that are sold in Europe (due to different standards and regulations), American parents are embracing the brand and everything that it stands for – safety, comfort and style.
The Mico Max 30 is the newest infant carseat from Maxi-Cosi and it offers a few significant upgrades over the previous Mico AP and Mico NXT models. Namely a 30 pound weight maximum and the addition of an anti-rebound bar on the base. But they didn’t stop there. The Maxi-Cosi team was ambitious and wanted to be the first carseat manufacturer to offer a completely customizable product! Do you really want a white base and shell with a black cover and a pink canopy and inserts? No problemo as long as you’re willing to wait up to 3 weeks for shipping. And if you don’t want a custom Mico Max 30 there are still plenty of amazing and fun fashion choices to choose from, plus the basics like Black and Grey.
Mico Max 30 Specs & Features:
- Rear-facing only: 4-30 lbs.; 19 – 32″ (1″ rule also applies)
- 4 harness height positions
- 2 crotch strap/buckle positions (plus adjustable crotch strap length for smaller babies)
- Air Protect® technology for enhanced side-impact protection
- Adjustable base with anti-rebound bar
- Premium push-on lower LATCH connectors
- Thick energy-absorbing EPP foam
- Extra large canopy
- Easy to remove cover is both machine washable & dryer safe
- FAA approved for use in an airplane
- 8 year lifespan before expiration
Each Mico Max 30 comes standard with a wedge cushion insert (mandatory for low-birthweight babies who weigh between 4-5 lbs.), a round head support insert, a buckle cover and harness strap covers. All of these extras are entirely optional but the lower body wedge insert is required if you have a preemie who weighs between 4-5 lbs. The purpose of the wedge insert is to boost a small newborn a little higher if his or her shoulders are below the bottom harness slots without it. The wedge insert will probably be helpful for smaller newborns but may not be needed for many full-term newborns.
Mico Max Measurements: