Read on to find the rest of the answers…
1. Pick the correct time line:
a. Freeway, Roundabout, Laptop, Regent
b. Super Elite, Marathon, Expressway, Monarch
c. Companion, StarRiser/Comfy, Parkway, BodyGuard
d. Galaxy, Cruiser, Husky, Frontier
2. Which Britax booster had a back that was stored inside the base when not in use? Roadster
3. Which is NOT a Britax cover?
a. Cafe Check (Baby Safe)
c. Bubbly Fun (PW)
d. Lisa (King)
4. The first Britax seat to have flexible LATCH attachments was:
a. Super Elite
5. How many seats has Britax made that could be tethered rf? Name them.
10 – Elite, Handle With Care, RA, Advantage, Galaxy, MA, Wizard, BV, DC, Diplomat (I’m not counting the Advocate because it’s not available yet)
6. The first Britax higher-weight harness seat was:
a. Super Elite
c. Traveller Plus
7. How many seats (sold in the US) has Britax made with Rigid LATCH attachments? Name them. 2 – Expressway ISOFIX, Baby Safe
8. Which seat had a rf weight limit of 32 lbs?
a. original RA
b. Baby Safe
9. Which auto manufacturer currently sells Britax seats under their brand name? Mercedes-Benz
10. The first Britax seat to have HUGS was:
11. Which of these seats came in more than 1 fabric choice?
a. Baby Safe – Cafe Check
b. Expressway ISOFIX – Stormy
c. Advantage – Marina
d. Galaxy (cover options were Alexandria or Thunder – aka ugly and uglier)
12. Which was a prototype that never made it to the market?
a. Handle With Care with base
b. Roundabout with 6-point harness
c. StarRiser/Comfy with anti-submarine strap ( I preordered one from BabyCatalog and waited months but it never materialized)
d. Wizard with anti-rebound bar
13. A unique feature of the Britax King is:
a. Double hook tether
b. 6-point harness
c. Hinged shell (the whole shell separated which made it very easy to route the seatbelt)
d. Higher-weight harness
14. The difference between the Freeway and the Freway Plus was:
a. tether strap – the original Freeway model (1996) did not come with a tether strap.
c. rf weight limit
d. LATCH attachments
15. The first version of the Super Elite did NOT have:
a. recline bar
c. splitter plate
d. all of the above
16. Which was never a cover for the RA?
a. Fiesta (BodyGuard cover)
b. Flower Power
17. The prototype Companion was named:
d. None of the above
18. How many harnessed seats has Britax made that were ff only? Name them. 9 – Freeway, Expressway, Expressway ISOFIX, King, Traveller Plus, Super Elite, Husky, Regent, Frontier
19. The first Britax booster to be rated to 100 lbs was:
20. Which Britax convertible had a “super recline mode” for rf?
a. Handle With Care
Give yourself 5 points for each correct answer.
What your SCORE says about you:
0-45 points: You’re a novice but there’s still hope. Vow to learn more Britax trivia in 2009!
50-65 points: Not bad but make a resolution to brush up on your Britax trivia in 2009!
70-85 points: Pretty darn good! Pat yourself on the back!
90-100 points: You know more about Britax seats than the people who run Britax. Resolve to get a life in 2009!
Drinking is still an option!