Posted Under: Conference/ABC Expo,Previews
The G4 Britax Convertibles will have:
- A new infant insert that’s required for infants up to 22 lbs. After the child reaches 22 lbs., the insert must be removed. It’s used for proper positioning for harness height and fits Romeo well.
- A new HUGS design without the tether through the back of the seat. The HUGS has a wavy design on the front that the chest clip “locks” into when the harness is properly tightened, making it difficult for children to push down. HUGS is still optional for rear-facing children, though Britax does recommend that they are left on all the time so parents don’t lose them.
- On the inside of the cover, there’s a new label indicating maximum shoulder height for rear-facing children. This eliminates guesswork for parents for when their child has outgrown the seat rear-facing. When the child’s shoulders reach the line on the label, it’s time to turn the child forward (height-wise).
- All convertibles that once had a 70 lbs. weight limit will now have a 65 lbs. weight limit due to new FMVSS testing standards being introduced in 2014.
- Labels are now color-coded. Rear-facing labels are blue, forward-facing labels and lockoffs are green, booster labels are red.
- Britax is dropping the numbers from the names of their convertibles; so the Roundabout 55 will now be the Roundabout, the Marathon 70 will be the Marathon, etc. Plain Jane, you know. Makes it easy, as long as you stick with the new seats. Older seats will still be called by their names, like Marathon 70.
Babies R Us does have an exclusive called the Ultimate Comfort Series (UCS). Besides exclusive covers, these seats will have memory foam for ultimate comfort.
Buy Buy Baby will maintain their XE series as well, which includes a cup holder, a stuff bag, and an extended warranty. Buy Buy Baby also sells the Highway for Britax.
Canadians, great news for you! Because Britax has sold out of their current stock in Canada, you should be seeing these changes on their website coming this Friday.
For the rest of us down south, we can watch for the changes on the Britax website on November 8. Seats will be shipping around mid-late November.
New 2014 fashions will include Laguna (which is really teal, not blue; couldn’t capture true color), Pink Giraffe, Cub Pink & Kiwi