It was another busy day for Heather & I in the convention center exhibit hall. We did our best to cover as many of the new products and updates as possible in a short period of time. We hope we can deliver a little something for everyone!
- Demo models already shipped to some specialty store retailers
- Mid-June is targeted release date
- Hoping to be in Canada by the end of the year
- Sticker labels reference pg numbers
- It’s a great seat with a lot of awesome innovative features! IMMI buckle and nice easy-open chest clip. The only possible drawback that we can foresee is that the “true no-rethread harness” will not be removable/replaceable.
Graco has started including explicit instructions in their manuals regarding cleaning of their buckles to help with the stiffness of the release; sometimes food and other gunk does get down in there and hampers the release mechanism. Graco wants you to hold the buckle by the webbing and dunk just the buckle portion in a cup of water. Press the red button a few times under water to clean the mechanism and shake the water out when done. Let dry naturally. We tried the buckles on the display seats in the booths and they definitely felt easier to release than earlier models.
New SnugRide 35 Click Connect base (LX model is similar but has lock-off)
Performance Booster – ETA is early fall (no pics – prototype product not being shown here)
Great news! Aton 2 base with load leg will be back-compatible with previous Aton carriers! Extra Aton 2 bases with load leg will be available for $159.
- Boostapak shipping this month (will be BuyBuyBaby exclusive)
- Complete Air is now being manufactured with dual recline indicator labels
- Scenera will once again be available to CPS programs through Mercury Distributing (by Mid-July)
- NEW PRODUCTS! Safety 1st Advantage 70 Air + (plus) convertible & Safety 1st Elite 80 3-in-1 Air +. We were one of the first to see the new seats! Advantage 70 is already shipping to Target and should be on shelves in the next few weeks. Elite 80 will be shipping in June and will be BRU exclusive. Check out our video of the Advantage 70 Air + :
More updates (including Nuna Pipa) tomorrow! Stay tuned!