(Or insert your holiday here ;)). I’m all about Christmas. It’s my favorite holiday and I love the colors and decorations. There’s just something about sparkly Christmas lights that brings out the kid in me! When I was a kid, I used to gather the JCPenney and Sears catalogs we got in the mail (gah, I’m dating myself here, aren’t I?) and circle all the toys I wanted. I never got them, probably because I have expensive taste, lol, but it was still fun to wish. I still have to make a list even now because my family wants me to. It can be hard sometimes for me to come up with gift lists, but I don’t want to get into the psychobabble about why I prefer to give rather than receive gifts :D.
Here’s my partial list in no particular order for this year. What are some things you have on your list?
- Parents that will stop putting infant seats on the top of store carts.
- And as a corollary, that said parents will stop unbuckling their infants when they do put them on top of store carts.
- A Combi Coccoro (CCO): I borrowed one of these cute as a button convertibles and what fun! Carseats aren’t supposed to be *fun*, are they? This one is.
- People that will fully stop at 4-way stop signs and red lights. I know it’s a stretch for some, given our fast-paced society that’s rush rush rush, but seriously. Come to a complete stop. It will not kill you to lose 2 seconds out of your life stopping, but it may kill me or the kid in the crosswalk if you don’t. And I *will* come back to haunt you.
- That people will magically know how to drive in a roundabout (aka turning circle). Really, can you tell I have to drive through 4-way stops and roundabouts on a daily basis? 🙂
- My kids will grow up to be self-sufficient, nice people who love their parents.
- Oh oh oh! A pen tablet so I can Photoshop with precision.
- Ah, yes, good photographic skills ;).
- Parents won’t move their children to combination seats from infant seats.
- Limencello. Mmmmmmm, yes, I discovered this in Italy last summer.
- World peace, famine gone, yada yada yada. It goes without saying, really.
- That all pairs of pants will come with spandex. And that I can find the perfect pair of jeans. With spandex in them.
- An iPad 2 of my own so I can distort pictures. I love making blockheads, lol.
- A personal chef. Truly, I can burn soup. Maybe I’ll wish for The Pioneer Woman. I can somewhat make her 16-minute meals in 25 minutes, lol.
- The perfect booster seat. I’m still looking, though my dd and I are pretty happy with our Monterey base and olli. See the LATCH connection with these 2 seats? Exactly. Gotta be LATCH.
Oh my. This list got long. And when I started, I didn’t think I’d come up with much! Silly me. I should know better ;).