Marvin is back by popular demand for another Monday edition! Today, Marvin gives some sagely advice on how to deal with those pesky, unsafe used seats.
“Dear Marvin, I found this absolutely dreadful carseat selling on Craigslist. The fabric was, like, totally 90s, so I know it was expired. Of course, I immediately sent an email to the seller informing them of how gross (and unsafe!) it was to sell something as hideous as that. The seller emailed me back telling me to mind my own business! How rude! What can I do? -Signed, Lost in Craigslist.”
Dear Lost, Marvin can solve your dilemma in 5 easy steps:
1) Go to Car-Seat.Org and report your Craigslist find right away. Everyone will want to know!
2) Bump your post and ask everyone to flag the listing so it will be removed.
3) Make sure to add some snyde comments about the evil seller. Have everyone else email them too, just for good measure.
4) Send PMs to Admin asking where your post went. I mean, WTH, you even apologized that you might have put it in the wrong forum.
5) Head on over to Ebay and scout for more unsafe seats.
That’s it! You’ve done your good deed for the day!
Marvin’s “What’s Fishy” Advocate’s Corner:
Today I planted a bogus Craigslist ad in my home state (I was adopted by mail order auction- really!). Can you find it? I KNOW you can. If you do, you might even win a prize. Here’s how! First, find the fishy ad. Second, be the first to post a new thread with a link to Marvin’s ad at Car-Seat.Org (sorry, you must register or be a registered member at Car-Seat.Org to win!). Third, reply here with a comment (preferably using the same username or email address you used for registration at Car-Seat.Org so we can verify) and link the thread you made at Car-Seat.Org. The first one to post at Car-Seat.Org wins, but you must reply with a comment here to claim your prize. Feel free to flame Marvin on the forums if you wish, or send Marvin a nasty email to marvin “at” carseatblog “dot” com. Be advised that any emails become the property of Marvin and may well be used for material in future “Ask Marvin” columns!
Marvin’s prize this week is any single item from the Car-Seat.Org CafePress store and a matching donation to a great charitable cause!